Background

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Brave Enough to Do the Wife Thing

Sometimes I feel like I can't get this wife thing right. Don't get me wrong, we love each other more than the sea is wide, but any human knows marriage takes work. I find that there's this constant battle between what the world tells me to do and the instructions God has given. 

The Hubster and I got into an argument last night and though we made up I really had to take a deeper look at myself. 

The world shouts, "What about you?!"  while God whispers, "Put him first." 

The world says, "You don't need a man, girl" and God says, "I made you to be his helper"

The world asks, "What has he done for you?" And God wants to know, "When was the last time you've shown him love?"

I think it's tough admitting you're wrong. I think it takes courage to forgive. I believe that it takes bravery to put someone's needs before your own and to love selflessly. It takes strength  to break cycles of divorce and to do it God's way. None of these will happen over night. They will take patience and practice and prayer. Letting The Hubster lead is a foreign language to me. I've never seen it done. I simply don't know how. I also know that when I learn to, I will still fail. I will make mistakes at this wife thing and his love for me will be the only thing that pushes me to try again. Bravery is knowing the risk, and wanting to be the change anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment