Background

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Brave Enough to Sing My Song

The girls and I went on a walk while The Hubster was playing basketball at The Y. I challenged Little Miss to join me on my mini quest for something beautiful. She spotted flowers, falling leaves and admired flags waving in the fall breeze. Baby Miss pointed at every bird in sight.

One bird that caught my eye was a small one perched at the very top of a tree. It's head was lifted toward the sky and it sang the most beautiful song. We stopped and listened.

Other birds flew by, the branches swayed, and we watched. We listened. The reach of his head towards the clouds was as if he was singing to his creator. Praising, showing gratitude, using his song to glorify the one who blessed him with it.

The bird may have very well been calling for a mate or screaming for prey for all I know, but in that moment he sang.

For me, he sang.

I  find that even when I spread my wings bravely to soar, I must be just as brave to acknowledge the source of my strength. I need to find my tree and sit, just for a little while each day. Others may take flight, but my path is my own. In my moment of rest, I need to lift my head and sing my song. To praise Him, thank Him, and glorify the One who blessed me with it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment