Background

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Brave Enough to Get on the Ice

We took Little Miss to a birthday party today and it was at an ice skating rink. To say she was nervous is an understatement. She was worried that all the other girls would know how to skate and she'd be the only one falling or using a walker. 

I've never been ice skating and let's just say the Hubster's horror stories of his falls didn't quite help the situation. She eventually got out there. Despite being qualified or skilled at all. She put one foot in front of the other, held on to the support and before she knew it she was gliding. Of course there were times that she fell. She got up and kept going. 

I was so proud of her. I love to see her have experiences that I've never had and try new things. Her bravery was inspiring. There are times when I look at other women and list my lack of skills lined up to their experiences. I delay trying something new because I'm too concerned with the inevitable. I will fail. I will fall. It's the holding on that matters. It's the lacing up my skates and putting one foot in front of the other that will make the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment