Background

Thursday, July 31, 2014

So Long, July

So yea, it has definitely been a while.

I'm just going to jump right to it and say July kicked my butt. I totally had big plans for her, you know, being that I was born on her fourth day and all.

The beginning and end of the month were amazing. I celebrated turning 28 with my three people and hosted a successful literacy event in my community.

The storm, however,  happened smack dab in the middle of the month. It was one of those moments where I had to look at my heart and reflect on EVERYTHING. Joyce Meyer recently said on one of her podcasts that when you look at your To-Do List, activities, relationships, finances, etc. and they don't bring you life or glorify God, something has to change.

I needed a change.

I need a change.

After praying, writing, and talking to some really great women, I was able to come out of my little rut. I'm looking at August with hopeful eyes and an open heart.

Here's to a new month, a new season of life, and new mercies.

So long, July.

Jeanell

No comments:

Post a Comment