Background

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Brave Enough to Be Grateful

You ever have a chat with someone and it leads to a topic that turns your life upside down? It's almost as if He planned the encounter and the moment that the lesson would smack you right in the face. 

That happened today. 

Listening to a woman share her story shed so much light on my own. Her pain and testimony enabled me to learn so much about my circumstances and choices. 

I recently heard that we should share our stories. All of them. Because our pain, our trials, and our tribulations can glorify Him in ways that we could never imagine. 

That's exactly what listening to her story did for me. My heart ached as she replayed moments I couldn't bear to imagine to deal with. Through it all though, her faith is at a mountain's peak. Through it all her strength is ferocious and contagious. Through it all her heart glows and the light can be seen coming through her eyes. 

After sharing my fears and concerns about a certain situation she hit me with truth. 

"Where you are now is out of your control. You are more aware of the possibilities because of those around you and their experiences, but let it go. What will be, will be. You are not in control. What you need to do is to count every little victory, every single one of them, and see them as a blessing. Because they are. That's why it's called a miracle. It pretty much boils down to being grateful."

What would happen if I was brave enough to be truly grateful? To realize wholeheartedly that I am not in control and that these moments are simply gifts. Undeserved, beautiful, gracious gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment